Include protein foods 2-3 times per day such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, nuts and seeds. Eat three servings of vegetables, including dark green and yellow vegetables per day. Eat two servings of fruit per day. Include whole grains such as whole wheat breads, pasta, cereal and oatmeal in your daily diet.
What foods to avoid during breastfeeding?
5 Foods to Limit or Avoid While Breastfeeding
- Fish high in mercury. …
- Some herbal supplements. …
- Alcohol. …
- Caffeine. …
- Highly processed foods.
How do you get rid of belly fat while breastfeeding?
8 Healthy Ways To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
- Drinking plenty of water every day.
- Getting as much sleep as you can.
- Eating a balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats.
- Incorporating moderate exercise into your daily routine.
Why do I not lose weight while breastfeeding?
But if you’re breastfeeding and not losing weight, it could be that are experiencing hypoplasia/insufficient glandular tissue (IGT). According to this article in the American Journal of Perinatology, if you have IGT, your body may have trouble producing adequate breast milk.
What foods decrease milk supply?
Top 5 food / drinks to avoid if you have a low milk supply:
- Carbonated beverages.
- Caffeine – coffee, black tea, green tea, etc.
- Excess Vitamin C & Vitamin B –supplements or drinks with excessive vitamin C Or B (Vitamin Water, Powerade, oranges/orange juice and citrus fruits/juice.)
What foods should I avoid while breastfeeding a colicky baby?
The Anti-Colic Diet: Foods to Avoid to Help Combat Infant Colic
- Food and drinks that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea and sodas.
- Vegetables that may cause gas, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage.
- Fruits that contain high amounts of citric acid, such as citrus fruits, pineapple and berries.
What spices to avoid while breastfeeding?
Herbs that may be harmful to mom and/or baby
- Coltsfoot (Farfarae folium)
- Dong Quai (Angelica Root)
- Ephedra / Ephedra sinica / Ma Huang.
- Ginseng (Panax ginseng)
Is drinking lemon water good while breastfeeding?
Lemon water is great for your gastrointestinal system and drinking it while your breastfeed your baby can help prevent digestive problems in your baby. It helps to urge obviate digestive problems like cramps, gas, irregular bowels and bloating. Drinking lemon water facilitates elimination of toxic substances.