Oral rehydration solutions, also called electrolyte solutions, help to replace the water and salts lost during diarrhea, and they may be easier to digest than the child’s regular diet. They often come in liquid or popsicle forms, and in different flavors.
What can I give my baby for loose motions?
Give your child foods such as:
- Baked or broiled beef, pork, chicken, fish, or turkey.
- Cooked eggs.
- Bananas and other fresh fruits.
- Bread products made from refined, white flour.
- Pasta or white rice.
- Cereals such as cream of wheat, farina, oatmeal, and cornflakes.
- Pancakes and waffles made with white flour.
How can I stop loose motion immediately?
Immediate treatments to stop loose stools include:
- taking anti-diarrheal medications.
- consuming more fiber.
- staying hydrated.
- adding honey to your diet.
- avoiding food and drinks that are triggers.
What home remedy can I give my baby for diarrhea?
If your child has diarrhea, it’s important to feed them a healthy, well-balanced diet in addition to plenty of fluids. In the past, doctors suggested the “BRAT” diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) as a solution to help children with diarrhea.
How many times loose motion is normal in babies?
Breastfed babies often pass more than 6 stools per day. Until 2 months of age, they may pass a stool after each feeding. But, if stools suddenly increase in number and looseness, suspect diarrhea. If it lasts for 3 or more stools, the baby has diarrhea.
How many days does loose motion last in babies?
Diarrhea is a common problem. It may last 1 or 2 days and go away on its own. If diarrhea lasts more than 2 days, your child may have a more serious problem.
How can I harden my baby’s stool?
Bananas – Rice – Applesauce – Toast
The foods that make up the B.R.A.T diet are those foods that will help cause the bulking and hardening of the stool. These foods include grains, and certain fruits. Below are more foods that will help firm-up and bind baby’s stools when diarrhea occurs.
Is milk good for diarrhea?
Eating When you Have Diarrhea
Use low-fat milk, cheese, or yogurt. If you have very severe diarrhea, you may need to stop eating or drinking dairy products for a few days. Eat bread products made from refined, white flour. Pasta, white rice, and cereals such as cream of wheat, farina, oatmeal, and cornflakes are OK.
How can I harden my stool?
Foods That Thicken Stool
- Creamy peanut butter.
- Potato (without skin)
Which is the best medicine for loose motion?
Two types of meds relieve diarrhea in different ways:
- Loperamide (Imodium) slows the movement of food through your intestines, which lets your body absorb more liquid.
- Bismuth subsalicylate (Kaopectate, Pepto-Bismol) balances out how fluid moves through your digestive tract.